There are two main types of Hearing Loss, being a:
Conductive Hearing Loss
Which can stem from:
- The Pinna, such as a cauliflower ear as caused from constant bruising re: Boxing or Rugby playing
- Stenosis or Atresia where the Ear Canal closes over a period of time
- Ear Polyps which can appear through a number of causes such as
- Wax which can build up in the Ear Canal, rather than migrating into the Concha or bowl of the Ear
- A Perforation of the Tympanic Membrane, more commonly known as the Ear Drum
- Otosclerosis which is an abnormal growth of bone on one of the three bones (as underlined) in the Middle Ear, known as the Malleus, Incus and Stapes, or more commonly known as the Hammer, Anvil and Stirrup
If we were to add a percentage to the Types Of Deafness, a Conductive Loss would stem from 20% of Types Of Hearing Loss and can often be treated through an operation to which an ENT Specialist will be able to provide specialised advice on.
Sensorineural Hearing Loss
This can stem from:
- Noise Exposure
- Hereditary Loss
- Viral Infections
If we were to add a percentage to the Types Of Deafness, a Sensori Neural Hearing Loss (SNHL) is the most common type of Hearing Loss where 80% of the world’s population could be subjected to it from any or a combination of the five points given above.
Hearing Aids can often solve the problems experienced from a Sensori Neural Hearing Loss.
A Sensori Neural Hearing Loss is more commonly known as ‘Nerve Deafness’ where speech can be heard well enough but not clearly enough.
A Sensori Neural Hearing Loss often gives the sensation that people are:
- Speaking Too Fast
- Deliberately Lowering Their Voices
- Purposely Turning Their Backs, Where They Cannot Understand What Is Being Said
- Difficult To Understand If The Speaker Has An Accent They Are Not Familiar With
Note: A Sensori Neural Hearing Loss more often than not causes just as much Annoyance, Frustration and Embarrassment than the actual Hearing Loss!
Hearing Loss At Certain Frequencies
- A Loved One
- A Member Of Your Family (Even If They Are Not A Loved One)
- A Friend
- An Associate
- A Colleague
- Or Even A Neighbour Down The Road Needs Help, Assistance Or A Simple Hearing Test…
…please do not hesitate to contact us on: 0800 810 8048
Yes, we understand that our Patients have different needs and requirements so we ensure to offer services that are as discreet as personal and as personable as possible!
If You Are In Any Way Interested Or Even Curious For Yourself Or Someone You Know…
…Please Book a FREE No Obligation Consultation Now!
Please Call FREE Phone on: 0800 810 8048 Today!